I know it can be difficult when it comes to staying on track with your nutrition and fitness. As much as I love taking my wife out to a nice restaurant, it can be a challenge at times, as there are SO many opportunities to fall off the wagon and stray away from our goals.
1. SCOPE OUT THE OPTIONS. When going out to eat- take time to review the entire menu and look for healthy options. Make sure to have the server help point you in the right direction. ALSO… don’t be afraid to ask the server for options that are not on the menu. I remember asking for turkey bacon that was not on the menu and to my surprise, the had it!
2. Start your meal with a salad packed with veggies, to help control hunger and feel satisfied sooner.
3. Ask for salad dressing to be served on the side. Then use only as much as you want.
4. Order steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of those that are fried or sautéed
5. On long commutes or shopping trips, pack some water, fresh fruit, cut-up vegetables, low-fat string cheese sticks, or a handful of unsalted nuts to help you avoid stopping for sweet or fatty snacks.
If you have any additional questions or need a little help or motivation, click the banner below. I’m always hosting fitness challenge groups and am here to help you.
Article Source: http://www.choosemyplate.gov