You see, there’s this powerful hormone in our body called cortisol – it’s known as “the stress hormone.” It’s a chemical our bodies release when we’re coping with different stressors. It creates a fight-or-flight response, which can ultimately signal our bodies to [Read more...]
The best way to lose weight is to follow a solid training system that targets weight loss. A system takes into account your entire lifestyle, workout, diet, sleep, and supplements. Why? Because all of these things affect your body’s ability to change.
The key to weight loss is to change your metabolism. While it’s easier to [Read more...]
This is a bit tricky to answer. Low-level, steady-state aerobic training will atrophy muscle, so it can be true. But “cardio” hasn’t meant aerobic zone training since Richard Simmons’ heyday in the 80s. Cardio is a catchall term for any training that elevates your heart rate for the entire workout.
These days, since almost all weight training is done circuit style, your heart rate remains elevated during both cardio and weight training workouts. Modern cardio training is almost always an offshoot of interval training, which means it’s a mix of aerobic and anaerobic training. And this builds muscle.
Probably the easiest example to help you understand this is to look at some of the Beachbody® Success Stories. Take a look at the results from INSANITY® and those from P90X®. INSANITY is a “cardio” program that uses no equipment. P90X, on the other hand, requires you to lift weights every other day. Yet, overall, the results you’ll see from the two programs are remarkably similar. People tend to both lose weight and gain muscle. Adding muscle increases your metabolism and that’s what helps you lose weight . . . as long as you’re not eating too much. Now with that said, you’ll need to take into account your body type. Some people like me who are naturally skinny turn into a bean pole if committing to just a cardio regimen. Others tend to bulk up rather quickly if just committing to an anaerobic regimen.
Gaining bulk is hard. I wish I had a nickel for every time I’ve seen a hardcore gym rat who’s been lifting for months, desperate for a few pounds of lean muscle mass, blow his stack when he hears a woman say, “Weight training will make me bulky.”
It takes a ton of energy for your body to add muscle. During the initial stages of any kind of intense training, especially one you’re not used to, your body releases excess amounts of the hormone cortisol, which causes your body to retain water. Some people think this means they are bulking up when, in reality, it’s just the body adapting to the training. It happens whether you are trying to gain or lose weight and has nothing to do with gaining actual muscle mass. Once your body adapts to the new training, the cortisol release ceases and your body flushes the excess water.
Now that being said, everyone is unique. Some people gain muscle quickly, while others are just naturally skinny. Your Body Type plays a critical role in how your body will react. This can easily be assessed.
Need a reason to try Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix™? How about 21 reasons? Using simple portion control and effective 30-minute workouts, The 21 Day Fix is designed for real people trying to lead a healthy lifestyle in the real world. Read on to learn why you don’t want to miss out on Beachbody’s newest program!
What is the 21 Day Fix?
(Can’t see the video below? REFRESH your browser)
21 Day Fix is the first Beachbody program to place equal emphasis on nutrition and exercise. It’s simple. It’s straightforward. And it was created with two main goals in mind: to help you lose weight and get fit—fast.
It that doesn’t hook you, we have 21 more reasons to love the newest addition to the Beachbody family:
21 Reasons to Join the 21 Day Fix
1. Rapid Results in just three weeks - Let’s face it, Spring is just around the corner. That first trip to the beach, that wedding that you’ve been invited to, Spring Break, that cruise that you booked…. are you going to be ready? Who says you have to bust your butt all winter to get a bathing-suit-ready body? 21 Day Fix is designed to help you lose up to 15 pounds in just 21 days. Slim down and tone up in under a month!
2. No room for nonsense – The most simplistic Beachbody program ever, 21 Day Fix is designed for actual people who don’t have time for complicated food math, or lengthy exercise regimens. Using portion control and effective 30-minute workouts, this program is easy to get on and stay on—even after your 21 days!
3. Shakeology’s new best friend- Already a Shakeology lover? You don’t have to miss out on your daily dose of dense nutrition with this program. It’s integrated right into the meal plan!
4. Give calorie counting the boot – Say goodbye to the labors of counting calories. Complete with seven food-storage containers specifically designed to measure correct food portions, this program let’s you ditch the calculator so you can spend more time enjoying your food!
5. Save BIG on the Challenge Pack Promotion – Save $20 off your Challenge Pack when you buy in February. Our Challenge Pack is reduced from $160 to $140 and makes a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for yourself and your loved ones!
6. Eat what you want - Lose weight by eating the right serving sizes—not by eliminating your favorite foods. Finally, a fitness program where you can have your wine and chocolate, and eat it, too!
7. FREE shipping for the month of February (Base Kit) – Need we say more? Rescue your waistline and your pocketbook by taking advantage of this limited-time, free-shipping offer.
8. Easy-to-follow workouts – Fitness trainer Autumn Calabrese’s 30-minute, total-body workouts have no complicated dances moves or choreography, so people at any fitness level can start the program and wind up a workout champion!
9. Modification for every move - Autumn’s workouts are designed to get your body moving while keeping you injury free. Whether you’re ready to push harder or need a modification, she provides the option you need so you get the workout you want.
10. No complicated recipes or weird food ingredients – 21 Day Fix is designed to help you make smarter choices about real food—none of that funky stuff you have to buy at a health food store. By eating your food in a smart way, you’ll set the routine for healthy eating habits that are sustainable for life.
11. A trainer you can relate to - A single mom, Autumn understands that real people don’t have time for complicated fitness and diet regimens. Workout with a trainer who understands what will work out for you.
12. All of these testimonials are amazing reasons:
Chelsea O. – Lost 10 lbs. & 14 “Finishing the Fix, I don’t think I have ever felt this healthy, this strong, this accomplished in my entire life. I’m going to look my best on my wedding day and that is the biggest gift I could have ever received.”
13. Neil B. – Lost 11 lbs. & 9″ “I went from 168 to 157. To be able to do that in 21 days was amazing. I feel light. I feel fresh. I feel renewed. The 21 Day Fix, it’s my new secret weapon.”
14. Mary C. – Lost 64 lbs. & 57” “The way I look and the energy I have is just fantastic. I feel like I’m at least 20 years younger. It’s never too late to lose the weight. 21 Day Fix has definitely changed my life.”
15. Deon C – Lost 111 lbs. & 58” “After completing the 21 Day Fix and achieving my results, I will continue to do the 21 Day Fix for as long as I live. I’m not stopping. It changed my life. It saved my life.”
16. Beachbody Co-founder and CEO, Carl Daikeler, even got amazing results! – Lost 12 lbs. “I was blown away at my 12-lb. weight loss and visible transformation in 21 days!”
17. Restaurant guide included – There’s no need to give up your social life in the name of weight loss. Using the 21 Day Fix Restaurant Guide, you’ll learn how to make smart choices while dining out with friends and family.
18. 21 days to a free t-shirt – Enter The Beachbody Challenge to get a free t-shirt and a chance to win up to $100,000! A shot at big money prizes and an ability to wear your hard-earned effort (literally) on your sleeve? Don’t pass this opportunity up.
19. Containers are perfect for meals on-the-go – Don’t let travel get in the way of your healthy eating. Your seven, perfectly portioned food containers are BPA free, DEHP free, top-rack dishwasher safe, and microwaveable, making them perfect to take to work or on your next vacation.
20. Keep cooking for your family – Unlike other diet plans that have you eating pre- packaged meals or unpalatable dishes, 21 Day Fix let’s you eat real food, including the recipes you cook for your family. As long as your portions fit in your containers, you can still enjoy chowing down with the people you love.
21. Stay on track with the post-FIX maintenance guide – The hardest part about getting fit is staying fit. With the 21 Day Fix maintenance guide, you’ll be able to keep those hard earned results long after bathing suit season is over.
The 21 Day Fix is the latest home based workout program that will be released by beachbody on Feb 3rd.
Here’s a peak at the Upper Body Circuit and Core workouts. These are just one of some of the 30 min. workouts that you’ll be doing.
(Can’t see the videos below? Refresh your page)
3 Minute “Upper Body” Preview
GUYS: Here’s a Tip, dont be afraid to use heavy weight when doing this.
3 Minute “Core Workout” Preview
Awesome! How did you do? Comment below and let me know how you did.
Click HERE if you’d like to register for our fitness support group that will be doing this program in February.
The 21 Day Fix is the latest home based workout program that will be released by beachbody on Feb 3rd.
Here’s a peak at some of the workouts that you’ll be doing. (Can’t see the video below? Refresh your page)
For more into click HERE. My wife and I will be hosting a 21 day challenge starting Feb 10th.
What is 21 Day Fix?
The 21 Day Fix program takes the guesswork out of weight loss. It’s a unique portion-control system combined with easy-to-follow workouts that fit into anyone’s busy schedule. Trainer Autumn Calabrese shares her passion for food and fitness as she shows you how to make simple choices that add up to life-changing results. I’ve worked out LIVE with the trainer earlier this summer and trust me, these workouts are definitely calorie burners!
Is the 21 Day Fix for you?
This program is perfect for my wife and I. We are going on a cruise in March and definitely want to look our best. This program will be a great way for us to dial into our nutrition while getting awesome calorie burning workouts. Do you want to look your best this Spring? Want to fit into that wedding dress, or bikini? Are you ready to get shredded after a winter of bulking? Are you tired of complicated meal programs and diets? If you said yes to any of the above, this is the program for you.
Unlike any other Beachbody Program, the 21 Day Fix doesn’t have a complicated calorie or macro nutrient counting component . In addition to the workouts (7 for the base kit), the program includes the colored containers that WILL make your life SO much easier. There’s no obsessing over counting calories with the FIX — just simple portion control and solid 30 minute workouts!
Who is Autumn Calabrese?(Can’t see video? Hit REFESH)
Autumn Calabrese is a celebrity fitness trainer and national-level bikini competitor. A rising star in the fitness community, she’s made a name for herself by helping people lose weight and get fit through simple portion control and consistent exercise.
Autumn holds personal training certificates from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) and the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA). Her supportive, motivating style has made her a highly sought-after expert among celebrities and the fitness industry.
Building on a foundation of good food choices and exercise habits, Autumn empowers her clients to reach their goals in a healthy, sustainable way. In addition to her celebrity clientele, Autumn is the fitness specialist for ModernMom.com. Her workouts have been featured in C magazine, LA Parent, The Palisadian-Post, and Daily Candy, and on TV shows like Home & Family. With a passionate, entrepreneurial spirit, Autumn is the perfect addition to the Beachbody family of trainers.
What Results can you Expect?
Here are some photos from a test group that went through a few rounds of the 21 day challenge.
What do you receive in the Challenge Pack?
($140 introductory price for February ONLY)
(Refer 2 Friends and receive $50!!)
30-day money back guarantee
Start Here Guide with Workout Calendar
** 3-Day Quick Fix
** Eating Plan
** 24/7 Online Support AND private FB support group with me as your Coach
7 workouts on 2 DVDs (VHS not available)
** Dirty 30 workout
Total Body Cardio Fix
Containers (BPA/DEHP free, top-rack dishwasher safe)
7 color-coded portion-control containers
Shakeology shaker cup
**Denotes Free Gifts with purchase to keep
Want to be the first to know when 21 Day Fix is available?
This program will debut on FEBRUARY 3rd!
Our Group begins FEBRUARY 17th!
2 easy steps to sign up!
- CLICK HERE to assign me as your personal Beachbody Coach. I’m going to be there for you each step of the way. We’ll work together to help you maximize your results.
- Fill out the form below. You’ll receive a free fitness consultation and will also be alerted when 21 Day Fix is available. This will secure your spot in our EXCLUSIVE online group!
Please hurry. Spots will fill quickly.
Beautiful defined abs are possible for anyone and at any age. For the next 7 days, you will be doing workouts designed to challenge you and your midsection. There’s more to creating toned and defined abs than crunches…a lot more, read on. After completion of this 7-day challenge, continue doing an ab routine 3 times weekly, with rest days in between.
For additional tips on uncovering those muscles and getting some kick butt gorgeous abs, follow these 7 recommendations:
1) Drink water throughout the day and always have some on hand when doing this challenge.
2) Eat smaller portions.
3) Eliminate refined sugar and white flour. Instead eat whole grains and foods that don’t have added sugar.
4) Avoid sodas…diet included.
5) Speed your metabolism by eating more often, 5-6 times each day. Remember, meals should not be the standard restaurant portions but rather mini meals. Eating on salad plates instead of dinner size plates is a good start.
6) Eat breakfast and you’re more likely to stick to a smaller portions throughout the day. Try the new Shakeology Recipes.
7) After this challenge has ended be sure to continue doing ab workouts three times weekly.
Let’s get started! You will need water, a yoga mat, determination, and an agreement with yourself to see this through for the entire 7 days. Some of the workouts will require either a workout partner to track your time or an Interval Timer… my favorite is the GymBoss. You will find video demos for each workout, and be sure to watch each one to ensure that you’re using correct form.
Remember, you can split your workout if necessary…just be sure to complete the entire workout by the end of the day.
I’ll be posting workouts and instructional videos throughout the week.
Multiple-hour sweat sessions are so 2013. This year, it’s all about efficiency. Not a minute wasted. Get in, get out, and get on with the rest of your day.
It’s true; shorter, more intense workouts are all the rage. That’s because now you can slash your workout time in half—without sacrificing the results.
Intensity, not duration, that’s the key. And to prove the point, we’ve enlisted the help of two men who pretty much invented the word intensity: Tony Horton and Shaun T.
There’s never been a better time to learn about the benefits of shorter workouts. With the arrival of the FOCUS T25™ Challenge Pack and the extension of the P90X3™ Challenge Pack you’ll be ready to get in the best shape of their life!
Shorter is the new longer
The rise in popularity of shorter workouts is no accident. There’s science behind it.
“Studies have shown that shorter workouts can be as effective, or even better than longer workouts,” says Shaun T. “The goal is to make every second and every minute of your workout count.”
A major benefit of shorter workouts is that the most dramatic body transformations happen in the first 30 minutes of exercise. “People are more likely to train harder when the routines are shorter,” Tony Horton teaches. “For example, you’d run a 200 meter race faster than you would a 10k.”
“Burnout happens when your body isn’t prepared to do what you’re asking of it,” cautions Tony. “It also happens when you can’t make the time to do one hour-plus workouts.” He adds, “This is one of the many reasons why we created P90X3. It’s P90X® and X2 intensity in just thirty minutes.”
FOCUS T25 is, as the name suggests, 25 minutes. And Shaun says the variety in T25 is the perfect remedy to beat workout boredom. “We constantly change the focus minute by minute so you work one part of the body and rest others,” he says. “That’s what makes it so effective. No nonsense. Just results. 25 minutes and then you’re done!”
The skinny on the new programs
So what is it exactly that separates these new programs from the pack?
“P90X3 is very unique because it combines muscle confusion from P90X, muscle integration from P90X2, and muscle acceleration in fast paced workouts,” says Tony. “It’s brutal, but still awesome.”
Shaun serves up a couple reasons why T25 may be your go-to program. “It’s a total body training program combining cardio, resistance, upper and lower body circuits, strength, and core,” he says. “We’ve effectively selected moves and sequences that are necessary to see results. No matter what your age or fitness level, you can do this.”
The resolution solution
It’s been well documented that most people fail at their January fitness resolutions. Tony offers up some stats for us. “The average person will abandon their New Year’s resolution between February 15 and March 1,” he says. “The reason for this is that good intentions are not well planned out and become overwhelming after a while.”
That’s where P90X3 and T25 will really shine: Long-term appeal. “The variety, fun, and short duration of X3 allows the user to stay consistent from January 1 through December 31—and beyond!” exclaims Tony.
Shaun explains why T25 will keep you and engaged all year long. “Do it first thing when you get up. During your lunch break. Before dinner or before bed. 25 minutes is doable and manageable. There’s no excuses, people.” You have the time, now get it done.