Yes, it is possible to put together a meal in 5 minutes or less. But it requires some planning.
And one of my favorite ways to put dinner on the table fast, is to use a roasted chicken.
It’s easy to do. Allows you to create lots of meals. And tastes great.
Consider roasting a whole chicken at least once a week and using it for both dinner and lunch.
To create a great roasted chicken, try this rub for under the skin:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Sage, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme, chopped fine
- 2 tsp olive oil
Using the back of a knife, make a paste with the salt and garlic. Add other chopped herbs and olive oil and mix together. Spread paste underneath chicken skin prior to roasting.
Once the chicken is cooked you can quickly prepare any meal. Consider these:
- throw it in a wrap with hummus, avocado and grilled veggies
- put it on top of a salad
- toss it with marinara and broccoli, carrots, and peppers over pasta
- mix it with rice, peas and carrots, peppers and barbecue sauce for tex-mex chicken
- put it over black beans with salsa, cheese and grilled veggies for a naked burrito
With just a little prep earlier in the week, you have multiple meals at your fingertips, in under 5.
Yes, FIVE. The whole thing can be on the table in less time than it takes your kids to get off the couch, turn off the TV and wash their hands.
Go For Greatness!