Helllloooo Danielle: One look at her transformation and you can obviously see why I chose her as our Featured Superstar for June. This single mom of 3 beautiful children and Full Time Nurse had every excuse NOT to commit to her health…. but she chose to Become More through hard work and consistency.
I had a chance to sit down and chat with her about how she lost so much weight and keep it off for good. Here is her story.
1. How was your life before you decided to get fit? (When you looked at yourself in the mirror, each morning, how did you feel about yourself and your body?) I was a busy mom and a new grad nurse. My focus wasn’t on being fit at the time. I was trying to get my career started, but in the back of my mind I knew I needed to do something…and soon!
2. What inspired you to begin your transformation journey? After my third child was born, I vowed to get back to pre-pregnancy body! I had gained some much weight and I knew I was not going to stay that heavy. I felt awful about myself.
3. What program did you start with? What are you doing now? I originally started with Weight Watchers. This got me better focused on reading nutrition labels and I kept a food journal. I have also participated in several BB programs. I started with Brazil Buttlift, Brazil Buttlift Master series, Body Beast, Combat, and the Ultimate Reset (UR). UR introduced me to a lot of new foods and really opened my eyes to what things are good for the body. I highly recommend UR for those that are ready to jump feet first into a program to position them to succeed in another program I was surprised at how easily I would turn down the bad foods when I knew I’d have to own up to it on the food journal.
Currently, I’m doing my own weight training routine with cardio. I tend to change up my workouts about every three months.
4. What role has nutrition played for you in your fitness journey? Nutrition has been the base of my fitness journey. You can busy your tail in the gym all day long, but if your nutrition doesn’t match up you will NEVER see any true results. Your body only runs as well as you fuel it. If you fuel your body with junk, you’ll get junk results even in the gym. You must fuel your body properly in order to see optimal results in your gym performance.
5. How does it feel to look in the mirror and see such an incredibly beautiful woman smiling back at you each and every morning? I love looking in the mirror now! I love what I see. Better still is I can walk into the department store and grab my size off the rack knowing it will fit I enjoy shopping now because it’s not a matter of what will fit. I know it will fit!!
6. What is your greatest source of inspiration? What is it that keeps you going? Especially now that you have reached your fitness goals? Seeing how far I’ve come is my inspiration. I never in a million years thought I would look this fit and toned. I want to keep that going as long as possible, so I’ll sacrifice the cake and the sweets to maintain. I remember how I get about myself before and I never want to go back there again. Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels….and those are some words to live by!
7. What’s your favorite song to workout to right now? My favorite song right now is Hey Girl by Billy Currington I think…..lol