Empty Calorie Drinks can Sabatage your Weight Loss Efforts
If you seeing minimal progress with your fitness program, the first thing you should do is evaluate the types of liquids that you are consuming. Alcohol, juices, sports drinks and sodas can have an enormous impact on your ability to effectively reduce your waistline. These empty calorie drinks provide little to no nutritional value, and are usually very high in calories due to significant amounts of fat or sugar.
Empty calorie drinks are the silent killers of progress. They sabotage our efforts without us even knowing it because our bodies don’t detect the calories in these liquids the same way as they do when we eat solid foods and start to feel full.
Top 5 Empty Calorie Drinks to Avoid
400-700 calories are normal range for an appropriate meal. Below are the average calories in popular drinks. If you do the math, some of these empty calorie drinks would put you over your caloric limit before you even took a bite of food.
- 100 Calores One glass of wine
- 260 Calories 16oz latte while whole milk
- +300 Calories Mixed drink
- 470 Calories Starbucks Frappuccino
- 500 Calories Average margarita
Empty Calorie Drinks can be replaced with…
The easy answer is Water… Yep, good ole’ H2O. I was not a big water drinker when I first started, but just like everything else, the more you do it, the more it becomes second nature to you. I’m a big advocate if healthy variety, so take a look at some other choices to consider:
- Sip on flavored teas
- Lighten coffee or tea with nonfat milk instead of creamer
- Add a slice of lemon or lime to sparkling water
- Add a slices of cucumber and mint to water
- Only if you must drink juice, make it 100% juice over “fruit drink” or “fruit beverage”
- Drink Shakeology. This is an actual meal replacement that is packed with super-foods that will provide antioxidants, prebiotics, probiotics, vitamins and minerals etc.
- I’m a HUGE sports fan and football season is here, so when it comes to beer, I try to stick with no more than 3 “Lite” beers in one day For example, the calories in MGD, Becks Lite, and Corona Lite range from 64-108 a bottle and the taste is pretty decent.
Thanks again for taking the time to read this post about the dangers of empty calorie drinks. I sincerely hope that you found it helpful. If you need me, I am just a few clicks away. Please see the comment section below.
Yours in Success,
Work with me. Leaders Only
P.S. If you’re FINALLY ready to get COMMIT to being the absolute BEST possible version of YOU, contact me and lets work together to help you achieve your dreams!
P.P.S. If you got ANY value out of this post, then click the like buttons below and share it someone you know!
In This Together,
Coach Eric Hollingsworth P90X, PiYo Certified Fitness Coach MotivatedFitness@me.com
No related posts.