Here is a great top 5 list to help you accelerate your weight loss. KEY TIP: your nutrition needs to be a crucial component to your fitness goal. Trust me on this, if you follow the following top 5 tips to help you lose weight fast and effectively, you’ll do just that!
1. Start your day with breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. After a long night’s rest, your body needs the fuel to get your metabolism going and give you energy for the rest of the day.
2. Always leave the house with a full stomach and always bring a healthy snack and water with you. We are so conditioned to swing by the local fast food place while out and about.
3. Toss the junk. Shop from a prepared list so impulse buying is kept to a minimum. Eating right starts with stocking healthy food in your pantry and refrigerator. I don’t care if the spouse or kiddos want sweet & salty munchies — Its time to set an example for clean and balanced eating.
4. If you fail to plan, plan to fail. Have you ever tried Batch Cooking? It saves time and helps to keep you on track. My wife and I prepare all of our meats, grains, and legumes (quinoa, brown rice, lentils, etc.) on Sunday, so meal preparation is easy.
5. Plan your SNACKS. This was HUGE for me. I’m a big snacker, so life is so much easier when we stock our kitchen with healthy snacks.
6. Drink Water According to the Mayo Clinic, for daily intake for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. For women it is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.
7. Serve food onto individual plates, and leave the extras back at the stove. Bowls of food on the table beg to be eaten. Remember, it takes about 20 minutes for your mind to get the signal from your belly that you are full.
** BONUS TIP ** Make sure you are getting enough fiber. Fiber not only makes you feel satisfied to prevent over eating, it also helps to detox the body. So how much fiber do you need in a day? What foods contain the most fiber? How do I increase my daily fiber? Check out my Blog called Here’s the Scoop on Fiber.